Saving the environment is no easy task, and it won’t happen overnight. But Johnson Controls Inc. knows that is begins with education and requires action. It’s the next generation that needs to be on board with making our world a better place, and that’s why they are targeting campuses with the new Campus Green Scene competition.
Johnson Controls Inc. is a global diversified technology and industrial leader which serves customers in over 150 countries. Johnson creates solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings and interior systems for automobiles. Its commitment to sustainability dates back to its roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat.
Interested participants can submit a two minute video that opens with the identification of the entrant or group, name of school and description of the initiative they are proposing until April 27, 2011.
Videos can be uploaded to the contest platform, using Filemobile‘s user-generated content contest engine. Judging will work of a combination of 40 per cent panel judging based on innovation, potential impact and creativity. The other 60 per cent will be account for through online viewer voting. Submissions will be judged on a 100 point scale.
Each month a finalist will be selected and the grand prize winner will be selected from that pool of submissions. The grand prize winner will be awarded $5000 by the sponsor. All of the winning ideas will be featured in a documentary.