Every quarter ICUC hosts a month-long series dedicated to one topic in the social media space. It’s a New Year, and a time for resolutions and hope: so get your social strategy in shape with our first ever “Boot Camp.” Just like a personal trainer, we’ll provide daily content to motivate, inspire, and educate both brands and social media professionals on everything SoMe. Best practices, tips, platform knowledge, tools you can use, advice and insight based on our expertise and experience – we’ll be sharing it all with you, everyday here at Snoo.ws. We hope you’ll stay tuned throughout the month!
Platform Profile: Facebook
What is Facebook?
In 2004 Mark Zuckerberg created a website called “thefacebook.com”. It has
quickly become the most used social media platform in the world.
Facebook is the preferred medium for individuals to find out more about a brand.
It’s where they go to learn about a brand, find information, look for answers with
issues and find out what others are saying.
Who is using it?
One billion people around the world have active Facebook accounts. US and
Canada are the largest user group, followed by Europe, Asia and the rest of the
world. Brands take advantage of Facebook with company pages where people
can learn about them and engage with them.
- 1 billion active accounts worldwide
- 200 million daily users
- 11 million business have Facebook pages
- 2012 third quarter advertising revenues grew 36%
Ways your brand can use Facebook
- Share exclusive information about your brand
- Get feedback on new products
- Hold contests and promotions
- Interact with and engage your fans
What are the benefits to your brand?
- Gain exposure for your brand
- Grow customer loyalty by engaging with users
- Increase brand presence
How can ICUC help?
- Monitor what fans are saying about your brand
- Engage with your fan base
- Provide insight on user activity
- Escalate potential problems to a company representative