Every quarter ICUC hosts a month-long series dedicated to one topic in the social media space. It’s a New Year, and a time for resolutions and hope: so get your social strategy in shape with our first ever “Boot Camp.” Just like a personal trainer, we’ll provide daily content to motivate, inspire, and educate both brands and social media professionals on everything SoMe. Best practices, tips, platform knowledge, tools you can use, advice and insight based on our expertise and experience – we’ll be sharing it all with you, everyday here at Snoo.ws. We hope you’ll stay tuned throughout the month!
Platform Profile: YouTube
What is YouTube?
YouTube was launched in 2005 as a video-sharing website and allows users to upload, share and view videos they have created. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform and inspire others globally, as well as being a platform that advertisers can use to promote their products and services.
Who is using it?
70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S. It is localized in 43 countries and across 60 languages. 100 million people take a social action on YouTube, such as likes, shares, and comments, every week.
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month
- 72 hours of video are uploaded every minute
Ways your brand can use YouTube
- Product demonstration and tutorials
- Utilize fan videos and mentions
- Create videos advertising and showing usage
What are the benefits to your brand?
- Drives traffic to your website and both online and offline sites
- Provides an experience to engage and grow your customers
- Provides visibility and education about your products and services
How can ICUC help?
- Moderate comments made by fans and viewers on YouTube
- Engage with your YouTube community
- Provide analytics on your brand’s YouTube activity