Every quarter ICUC hosts a month-long series dedicated to one topic in the social media space. It’s a New Year, and a time for resolutions and hope: so get your social strategy in shape with our first ever “Boot Camp.” Just like a personal trainer, we’ll provide daily content to motivate, inspire, and educate both brands and social media professionals on everything SoMe. Best practices, tips, platform knowledge, tools you can use, advice and insight based on our expertise and experience – we’ll be sharing it all with you, everyday here at Snoo.ws. We hope you’ll stay tuned throughout the month!
What is Instagram?
Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger launched Instagram in 2010. Instagram is a photo-sharing and social network service that allows users to take photos, apply filters and then share on a variety of social networking sites.
Who is using it?
People use Instagram to share beautiful and funny photos as a way of telling a story about themselves or their life.
- Instagram was acquired by Facebook on Dec. 5, 2012
- Over 100 million registered users, with 11 million daily users
- Generates 575 likes and 81 comments every second
- 54% of top 100 brands are on Instagram
Ways your brand can use Instagram
- Encourage engagement through promotions and contests
- Show your products and what they can do
- Educate your customers about your brand
What are the benefits to your brand?
- Drives traffic to your other online sites
- Builds your brand and increases brand loyalty
- Increases your social presence and fan base
How can ICUC help?
- Monitor comments about your content
- Develop content for your brand
- Provide insight and analytics