Every quarter ICUC hosts a month-long series dedicated to one topic in the social media space. It’s a New Year, and a time for resolutions and hope: so get your social strategy in shape with our first ever “Boot Camp.” Just like a personal trainer, we’ll provide daily content to motivate, inspire, and educate both brands and social media professionals on everything SoMe. Best practices, tips, platform knowledge, tools you can use, advice and insight based on our expertise and experience – we’ll be sharing it all with you, everyday here at Snoo.ws. We hope you’ll stay tuned throughout the month!
Social media is an elemental and often indispensible part of our lives and culture. It’s vital to businesses and is now one of the most important avenues in which a brand interacts and communicates with its audience and customers.
You can find a wide range of advice, tips and other information on ways to take advantage of social media for your brand. We’ll make it easier by pointing out some of the more important ones by category.
- Objective: determine your target audience and the desired result
- Attainable: set goals that you can accomplish and routinely reassess
- Focused: know your audience, be passionate about your brand, be consistent
- Engage: it’s a two-way conversation, look for ways to encourage response
- Listen: what is being said, ways to improve, use feedback for change
- Respond: quickly and with respect, address both negative and positive
- Balanced: inform, educate, provide incentives
- Personal: engage, converse, respect
- Frequency: post often, with a variety of methods
- Measure: traffic, revenue
- Monitor: content, brand influence
- Analyze: trends, performance, audience
Most important is to remember that social media is social. Your audience is your focus because they will be the ones who will either praise and promote your brand, or complain and spread the negativity if they are dissatisfied. Building relationships to gain brand loyalty is your primary goal.